Access to the Sound Symphony Show:
We want to make sure your trip is as relaxing and stress-free as possible so you can get on with enjoying the show. We have made sure we only tour venues that have great access. At every Sound Symphony show, there will be:
- Popcorn given out during the show – please let us know any corn allergens by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rose oily scent is used in the show – please let us know if anyone in your group has an allergy by emailing email@example.com and we won’t use this in the show you come to.
- A quiet space to access before, during and after each show if you need a break
- Wheelchair access and wheelchair-accessible toilet (for information on Changing Place Toilets please see below)
- Only a few words are used in the show. These will be interpreted using British sign language. Sign interpretation is available for the Zoom shows as well as captioning.
- Bright lights are used during the show, but there will be no strobe or smoke effects.
- A social story of the show is available to download below. Hard copies of these will be available at each venue
- A visual timeline of the show (that shows the sequence of the show in photos) will be available at the show
- Ear defenders, fidget spinners and fidget cushions will be provided at each show. These will be disinfected before and after use to reduce the COVID risk.
- Although we are happy for your pupil or child to move around freely during the show, (including playing the percussion), we do ask that supporting adults are responsible for their safety at all times and stay close by to supervise.
- To enjoy the wild and wonderful world of Sound Symphony before, beyond, or instead of the live shows, you can visit our interactive site here
Changing Places Toilets
The following venues have a Changing Place toilet on site:
- New Wolsey Theatre on site in NW2 building
- Warwick Arts Centre, Ipswich
- Gulbenkian Theatre, Canterbury (on site in different building at the Templeman Library, University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NU)
The following venues have accessible toilets but no Changing Place toilet. We have highlighted alternative Changing Place toilets nearby:
- French Institute, Edinburgh: nearest Changing Place at Edinburgh Waverley Station, Edinburgh Waverley Station, Edinburgh, EH1 1BB
- The Civic, Barnsley: nearest Changing Place at Barnsley Town Hall, Church Street, Barnsley, S70 1QX
- Brixton House, Brixton: nearest Changing Place at Lambeth Town Hall, London, Greater London, SW2 1RW
- Beacon Arts Centre, Greenock: Nearest Changing Place at Craigend Resource Centre, McLeod Street, Greenock, Renfrewshire, PA15 2HD
You can download a social story before your visit, here:
If you have any questions or concerns about access, we are happy to hear from you to see if we can help. Please contact our Access Officer Siobhán by email at Siobhan@oilycart.org.uk
On tour, a member of our team will be available at each show to assist you with any access requirements on the day.
Frequently asked questions
We have put together answers to several of your frequently asked questions which you can see here: FAQs